Re: convert a string into an array

On Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 4:09 PM, Ashley Sheridan <ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

>   On Mon, 2010-04-05 at 05:53 +0100, Nathan Rixham wrote:
>
> you sure you're only smoking cigarettes?
>
> has to be one of the most random replies to any php thread I've ever
> seen - awesome!
>
> regards
>
> Rene Veerman wrote:
> > yea i'm not the only one with those type of problems. sometimes times
> > slows down in my room so much not even my speakers sound normal
> > anymore; equipment that doesn't work (despite being crappy and known
> > by it's patterns of refusal to work; still EXTRA abnormal since about
> > a week or so)...
> >
> > it sounds like the "who's reading my passwords with me while i type 'm
> > in... === 'is there anyone looking over my shoulder despite no living
> > humans even in my entire properly locked room (with strong walls)'....
> >
> > the idea here is; take a break. work on a different project for a week
> > or so, but the best idea is; move around through the country side and
> > realize that your car will get gas at every gasstation... check your
> > atm cards, but not your online banking account status, just to buy a
> > pack of cigarettes with an atm card. and then, buy not 1 or 2 packs of
> > your favorite smokes(cigarettes in this case), but buy 10 packs with
> > that card, and make sure you have enough good old cash that you know
> > to be truely valid (coins are best) to get just "2 large packs of
> > cigarettes"..
> >
> > things like that will give you the confidence you need to proceed on
> > your project i think..
> >
> > the #1 rule i use (when you dont yet have any need for a #0 rule or a
> > #-1 rule (dont add those lightly and never on a whim or hope of being
> > saved from death in the next 5 minutes)) is: truely honest living
> > humans should never use the same type of lie construct in the same
> > type of situation for the second time within at least 1 to 3 weeks..
> > but hey, necessity may require you to break any rule...
> >
> > rules? only guidelines are usefull ;) (pirates of the caribean #1 movie)
> >

> > On Sat, Apr 3, 2010 at 1:05 AM, Andre Polykanine <andre@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >> Hello everyone,
> >>
> >> It's quite simple but I'm still stuck.
> >> What I need is the following: I have an array as a parameter of my
> >> custom function. However, I'd like to allow users to enter a string
> >> instead of an array. In this case (if the parameter is a string), it
> >> must be replaced with an array containing only one item - actually,
> >> that string.
> >> What I'm doing gives me (presumably) errors;
> >> function Send ($tonames, $toemails, $subject, $message) {
> >> if ((!is_array($tonames)) || (!is_array($toemails))) {
> >> $tonames[]=$tonames;
> >> $toemails[]=$toemails;
> >> }
> >>
> >> I can't give the new array a new name since I address it further in a
> >> loop as my function's parameter... hope you understand what I'm
> >> saying)
> >> Thanks!

> [...]
yup, i'm on the global anti-t-viral team.
and as such more often a target of deaththreats through telepathy than most
other humans in my (economic) position.

however, if you dont believe in telepathy; KEEP IT THAT WAY :)))

"hearing voices" is only the snow on the tip of the iceberg when it comes to
telepathy (between (living) humans and non-human intelligences......

and i'll really try to make this my last telepathy-related post to this
list, this year at least...

--
Greetings from Rene7705,

I have made some free open source webcomponents designed
and written by me available through:
http://code.google.com/u/rene7705/ , or
http://mediabeez.ws (latest dev versions, currently offline)