Re: How to know which PHP is used by Apache

On 04/01/10 20:30, Devendra Jadhav wrote:
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:22 PM, Devendra Jadhav<devendra.in@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 7:13 PM, Teus Benschop<teusjannette@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

On Thu, 2010-04-01 at 19:07 +0530, Devendra Jadhav wrote:
With my case both installation of PHP has version 5.x, so how to know
which
PHP is being used?

Running this page through Apache could do it:

<?php
phpinfo ();
?>

Teus.

I am still confused. As per Nilesh php's binary is not required and as per
Ashley it is required.
Which one is correct?
And I am not able to find which php's binary is used by using phpinfo().

--
Devendra Jadhav
देवेंद्र जाधव

Anyone confident about either of the two answers?

Well, you can do a trial test. Compile a different version of php without libphp5.so, and replace the php interpreter of libphp5.so with this one.

If phpinfo() from apache shows you a different version then libphp5 uses the binary else not.

As per common logic, libphp5 embeds the php interpreter into apache, hence it'd not make sense to say that it needs the binary.

--
Nilesh Govindarajan
Site & Server Administrator