Re: PHP GUI library/package

On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 12:23 -0400, tedd wrote:
> I work on a Mac and I would very much like to create a "stand-alone"
> application from my php scripts, but I am clueless as to how to do
> this.
>
> If anyone has done this on a Mac, I would be very interested in
> knowing how you did it.

There could be some approaches to the problem of creating a stand-along
application out of a working PHP web application. Some would involve
more and others less work. The way we do it is to enable the built-in
Apache server on the Mac, get PHP on it, and then install the web
application on localhost, and run it from there through the browser. It
is less work this way since the PHP code runs as it is, without making
any modification. The other advantage is that since many users are used
to the point and click interface of web based applications, they
possibly get used to your application soon. Teus.