Re: how to provide download of files mow in documentroot

Jan G.B. wrote:
> I was recommending other file methods like fopen() combinations,
> fpassthru() and at best readfile(). All of them do not buffer the
> whole file in memory.
>
> http://php.net/readfile
> http://php.net/fpassthru

ahh so you were; completely missed that, apologies - readfile's the one
and good advice.

still keen to point out that if you don't need any other features from
php then why use php when webserver will do the job perfectly well -
primary reason for me mentioning this is to take advantage of the cache
control / etag / last modified etc (most php scripts just return 200 ok
repeatedly)

regards