RE: Please guide in selection of Framework: according to your experience

I was forced to use Symfony before. Hated every second of it. The company
eventually folded, no doubt in part due to the poor decision to use this
framework.

For example, using the "Symfony way" of looping over various news stories,
creating objects and the whole ORM and all that crap, it would take a
second or so per story to process. With thousands of stories this took
hours to process. We then said F-it and re-wrote the parser in straight up
PHP and now the processing took a couple of minutes.

> or should I stick to native call from PHP?

Yes.

Most real developers do NOT use off-the-shelf frameworks. We generally roll
our own since no framework will do everything you're going to want or need
for your particular project, and then your stuck either trying to wedge
something in, or hoping "they" eventually catch up to your needs. They try
to be all things to all people and therefore you carry a lot of baggage and
bloat you don't want/need. And the biggest reason to avoid them is if your
project grows, now you have to find not only a skilled PHP developer, but
one that knows this additional framework and is proficient enough to use it
well. It's just a hassle in the end and puts digital handcuffs on you.
Write some wrappers for your DB calls and other useful routines and KISS.
Frameworks are great for a quick proto-type, but IMHO, why waste energy
when you'll just have to re-write it again for real. Do it right from the
start.

http://www.rapidpoll.net/8opnt1e