Re: Re: optimizing PHP for microseconds

Bastien Helders wrote:

> I have a question as a relatively novice PHP developper.
>
> Let's say you have this Intranet web application, that deals with the
> generation of file bundles that could become quite large (let say in
> the 800 MB) after some kind of selection process. It should be
> available to many users on this Intranet, but shouldn't require any
> installation. Would it be a case where optimizing for microseconds
> would be recommended? Or would PHP not be the language of choice?

Not enough data.  However, given that it will undoubtedly take seconds
to assemble one such bundle, microseconds are probably not important.
Depends on how many of those bundles you expect to be able to produce
per minute/hour/day as well as what is supposed to happen with them
after they've been assembled.

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (10.8°C)