Re: php-cli

On 15 March 2010 00:27, Rick Pasotto <rick@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 14, 2010 at 08:40:51PM +0000, Ashley Sheridan wrote:

>> > Is there more than one way? I suppose with and without the -f could
>> > count as two ways, but the man page says without defaults to with so
>> > they're really the same.
>>
>> Well you havn't given an example, and just say you're calling the script
>> from command line and it's outputting the script there. Are you maybe
>> just calling the php file without calling php first?
>
> Of course not. php scripts are not executable. If I had tried to execute
> it directly the shell would have told me that. If I had then set the
> executable bit the shell would have tried to execute the contents of the
> file and the shell would have given several error messages.
>
> I repeat: is there more than one way to run a php script from the cli?
>
> --
> "Feeling sorry for yourself, and you present condition, is not only a
>  waste of energy but the worst habit you could possibly have."
>        -- Dale Carnegie
>    Rick Pasotto    rick@xxxxxxxx    http://www.niof.net
>
> --

Be careful. .BAT files are not executable, but you don't need to put
the command line processor in front do you?

You can quite easily turn ...

C:\PHP5\PHP.exe -f C:\Pathed\Directory\Script.php -- -script_arg1 -script_arg2

into

Script -script_arg1 -script_arg2

No php.exe, no .php, no -f

See http://docs.php.net/manual/en/install.windows.commandline.php

You can even turn php scripts into filters ...

Script -script_arg1 -script_arg2 | Script2 -script_arg1 -script_arg2

sort of thing.

--
-----
Richard Quadling