Re: Mail Function In PHP

Kannan wrote:
Hello
           I am creating a application for our college using the
php.In that i want to send mail to all who are all the list.

For that i am just simply use the mail function in php without
configuring any mail system in the system.But the mail didn't send.
For sending the mails wat are requirements and if u have any tutorials
send it to me?

Thanks..

Hello,

Read the manual page for the mail() function ...

	http://www.php.net/mail

Mail() requires an operating SMTP server.  This can be set
in php.ini, and possibly via the ini_set() function.  These
might be worth looking into:

$config1=ini_set(sendmail_path,"/usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i");
$config2=ini_set(SMTP,"localhost");
$config3=ini_set(smtp_port,25);

If you absolutely can't run an SMTP server or use a
remote server, you'd probably have to hack something
together with sockets or streams.

My $0.02,

Kevin Kinsey