Re: basic authentication and redirection

Jay Blanchard wrote:
[snip]
In certain circumstances controlled by my users, I'd like to redirect my users to another site, a third party whom we have contracted with. The second site uses basic authentication with a simple username and password. Can I write my PHP code so my users do not have to login (or even know the username/password) on the remote site?

This isn't intended to stop serious hackers, just enough security to stop casual passers-by.
[/snip]

Have a look at cURL (http://www.php.net/curl) as it will allow you to
perform remote POST's which may be enough to get you through.

Or you can use JavaScript on an intermediate page to post directly to the remote site's login form. If JavaScript is disabled, just have a button "Please continue to XXX" which then performs the post tot he remote site.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com