Re: Sending e-mail via socket

On 02/23/2010 01:16 AM, Andre Polykanine wrote:
Hello everyone,
I've just subscribed to the list, and I already have a question.
what I need to do is to send mail using sockets. Actually, the
built-in Mail() function is great and I wouldn't have to search for
something else if I didn't need more than one message to be sent at a
time. Say, I have ten or a hundred of users who want to receive a
notification about new blog entries. If I use the mail() function in
the loop, it will be performed too slow since it constantly opens and
closes the door, I mean, the SMTP connection.

Have you figured it out yet?
I have written a SMTP function a couple of years ago which will talk to any SMTP server directly via socket. The only limitation I have noticed is that it does not support encrypted logins but that can be added, I just never bothered to do it.

So let me know if you still require it and I'll dig it out.

--
John
Ihr führt Krieg? Ihr fürchtet euch vor einem Nachbarn? So nehmt doch die