Re: $_POST vs $_REQUEST

On 02/22/2010 11:42 PM, Michael Shadle wrote:
The difference here is you can at least have some control over the data
and expect it in a certain fashion. Also the behavior of cookies vs. get
vs. post are different (cookies have length and expiration limits, get
has length limits, post has server confgured limits)

The cookie and post/get part is all mixed up now :)

I use $_COOKIE when I want cookie information but I know that the data is not to be trusted and is easily fabricated.

When reading get or post I just use $_REQUEST nowadays because I don't have to care how the submitting form is written. This makes my form handling data more portable.

--
John
You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one,