Re: Dumb Question - Casting

According to the PHP manual using the same expression, "Never cast an unknown fraction to integer, as this can sometimes lead to unexpected results". My guess is that since it is an expression of floating points, that the result is not quite 8 (for whatever reason). Therefore, it is rounded towards 0. Of course, that is only a guess, and I have no true documentation on it.