Inserting Associative array values into a MySQL INSERT statement?

Hi,

I want to be able to create a function that acts as an insert mysql function
that accepts specific parameters for the fields and the values I want to
insert into those respective fields and I know I'll need to use associative
arrays to complete this task when passing values to the function, but I'm
not sure how to pass multiple values in an array through an insert
statement? Any help greatly appreciated!

Thanks.