Re: simplexml - can it do what I need?

TerryA schrieb:
Hi Shawn
Thanks for answering my query. I have looked at the suggestions:

$xml = simplexml_load_file('file.xml', 'SimpleXMLElement', LIBXML_NOCDATA);

I am/was able to load the file OK and to access the data by iteration.
However, I can't find a way to extract data by attributes. I need something
like $string=<element idtype="11" lang="fr" label="Description - Etage">.
Obviously, that won't work but that's the result I need. How do I get the
data out of one of these elements by specifying its idtype and lang? I've
google for hours on this and for another hour on SimpleXMLElement.

Terry
Hi Terry,
look at the PHP.NET documentation. There indicates the use of simpleXMLElement structures. If you want to extract elements from this object, please read there how this work. By the way, it would be interesting to see, how your XML is made. May be is usefull to use another class like DOM.

regards

carlos

http://de2.php.net/manual/fr/book.simplexml.php
http://de2.php.net/manual/fr/refs.xml.php