Re: OpenID

On Mon, Feb 1, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Michael A. Peters <mpeters@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Daevid Vincent wrote:

I think Michael hit the nail on the head as far as my concerns are.. well..
concerned. :) Google's OpenID provider seems like it would be around forever
and whatnot, but if you're going to rely on one of the "big" OpenID
providers, then it would appear that OpenID itself is useless. Facebook's
OpenID, etc., are on shaky ground at best.

I use a few sites that leverage OpenID as their login process, and I've got
to say--it's very convenient. However, I only use my Google account for
OpenID logins, so to me, it's really just a Google connector.

I commend everyone involved for their effort, but I think the underlying
principles need to be re-examined. It feels like they rushed the whole
concept into production before too many of the fundamental issues had been
discussed and dealt with.

My 2c.

// Todd