Re: Facebook PHP compiler

Cesar D. Rodas wrote:
Hello,

Have you guys checked this PHP to C++ converter from the Facebook People?

http://developers.facebook.com/news.php?blog=1&story=358

Very interesting... I heard about this a few days ago on Slashdot. Most people figured it would be a compiler of some sort, though it's interesting they chose C++ instead of C as Roadsend has done. I also wonder why they didn't just jump on board with Roadsend, but perhaps they wanted full control (which makes sense from the perspective of their needs).

Either way, it's another tool that can only be good for PHP.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com