Ideas please -- take query results --- output to image

Good Day All,

The headscratcher of the day for me is as follows:

I'm busy designing a scheduling page in a table form (actually series of
floating css divs) showing days of week across/ rooms down. thats the easy
part and bookings in each cell. I know I can take the results of a query
call it expanded booking details start_ob output to html save to file/
image etc, that way on mouse over the date I can use CSS to explode the
image file displaying the results.  Here's my question.

Any hints can I do all of this on the fly yet not display the HTML query
results that are created until mouse over ..... I'm sure this is easy with
javascript my problem is my client does has disabled javascript/ active X
scripts.

Been scratching my head for a while and it's starting to bleed.

Thanks and have a great weekend.

Cheers

Haig