Re: DirectoryIterator

I executed the following test script several times.  Each time, in a
separate terminal window, I ran "touch bob.txt" after the script started
echoing out.  After the script completed, I deleted bob.txt.  During each
execution, not once did bob.txt show up in the output.  This makes me
believe that the file collection that DirectoryIterator is going to work
with is set at instantiation.  If that's the case, it makes little sense to
me that you are unable to get the size of that collection from the
DirectoryInterator object.

<?php
  $dirList = new DirectoryIterator(MY_DIR);
  foreach($dirList as $file )
  {
    echo $file->getFilename() . '<br>';
    flush();