Re: Creating an Entire .html page with PHP

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 09:55 -0500, Ryan Sun wrote:

> Isn't there a framework doing that?
>
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 8:00 PM, dealtek@xxxxxxxxx <dealtek@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks,
> >
> > I would like to create an entire .html page gathered from database content
> > mixed with html etc. and be able to save the page...
> >

> > like:
> >
> > --- save all this pre made content as .html page....

> > <head>
> > ...  stuff
> > </head>
> > ...  stuff
> > ...  stuff with database query results...
> > ...  stuff
> >
> > Q: Is there a function that might help with saving the whole content as
> > .html page?
> >

> > Thanks,
> > dealtek@xxxxxxxxx
> > [db-10]
> >

> > --

I think generally though, it's usual to have the pages created and
output on the fly, rather than output the .html page. Some CMS's do
publish the .html pages, but unless the page is created from very
complex content, or your site is expecting a large amount of traffic,
there's not much use to do it. I've heard people mention SEO as a
reason, but I've not seen any evidence, and there are ways via
mod_rewrite to mask the actual content pages.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk