Re: SQL question

Paul M Foster wrote:

Typically, coders try to store dates in unix timestamps internally, and
then add 86400 seconds for every day to calculate intervals and such.
This is often inaccurate. Julian days are far more accurate.)

Paul

I use seconds from epoch in the database simply because it works so well with the php date() function.

If you need something where Julian day really is better, I assume it isn't that hard to convert between posix and julian day, though it seems odd to me that it isn't part of the date() function. It probably should be.