Re: PHP 5.3 shared hosting

Adam Richardson wrote:
Hi,

I've developed a framework that requires PHP 5.3 (it takes a more functional
approach.)  I'm hosting my own apps on a dedicated server running cpanel
(thanks to their recent upgrade.)  However, for client work I prefer not to
personally host the websites.

I've been contacting hosts about their shared hosting options, and I've only
found a couple that accommodate PHP 5.3 so far.  Anybody have
recommendations for shared hosting providers that are supporting php 5.3
(many of the smaller sites I'm working with don't merit a VPS?)

Thank you very much for your help,

Adam

I would suggest pointing your clients at something like linode that allows them to run whatever they hell they want to run.

I'm running CentOS 5.x w/ php 5.2.12 for example.

I need to update them, but if you want, here are some php 5.3 src.rpm's that can be used to build php 5.3 on a CentOS / RHEL 5.x system -

http://www.clfsrpm.net/php/

Running a xen instance is a lot nicer than shared hosting, and not really that expensive, and is really preferable to "shared hosting".