Need Idea to make Backup

Hello,

my idea is to make a backup of some paths of my laptop via PHP.

I like to use a MySQL Datebase to trace which file was uploaded from which
path and so on.

Also it should be uses to look up it is nessasery to backup this file
because it was changed since last time or not.

All this files should be uploaded to the SERVER in a special folder where
this files run to a tape backup machine.

I hope some one can give me some ideas for this.

Kind Regards
Jens Geier