Re: Upgraded PHP now website doesn't work properly?

On Mon, 2010-01-11 at 03:27 +0200, Kaya Saman wrote:

> > Depending on the latency and bandwidth you could use X11 forwarding
> > (granted the server supports it) so you could use a non-CLI editor. I
> > think "joe" has some syntax highlighting, but I've never edited PHP
> > files with it.
> > If you are coming from a windows machine, you can use Cygwin or Xming
> > to set up an X server on the box before SSHing to your data center
> > w/X11 forwarding enabled.
> >
> > -Ken Sande
> Many thanks to everyone!
>
> I currently use a mixture of FreeBSD, Linux, and Solaris/OpenSolaris as
> operating systems so X11 forwarding is not a problem but maybe quite
> slow considering the distance between me and my data center right now,
> and also I have only 1Mbps upstream as the data center uses ADSL which
> is a restriction on my behalf.
>
> Am using SFTP to transfer non-html related stuff and using simple nano
> or copy-paste from the Gnome terminal.....
>
> Yeah many options available I know and I guess that's what makes things
> fun :-)
>
> Anyway I'm sure I'll work something out, at worst case I could always
> VPN once I get a Cisco router out here and get an IPsec tunnel going and
> do things over NFS mount??
>
> Regards,
>
> Kaya

I never bother with X-forwarding for development work, it is too slow I
agree. I use Konqueror to connect as an FTP client, as it works really
well as a file manager with the split screen views it has. From there, I
can manage most of my files as I wish over sftp as if they were local.
The only thing I can't do it edit the graphics files with Gimp, as that
doesn't use KDE's kioslaves :(

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk