Re: POLL: To add the final ?> or not...

Paul M Foster wrote:

> I leave it off. I don't want to have to worry about which editor I'm
> using or whether I accidentally left some whitespace where it shouldn't
> be.

I also use different editors in different situations, both terminal based
and GUI. For instance I find Midnight Commander's internal editor quite
comfortable to use but unfortunately it does leave whitespace all over
the place.

This discussion made me think. From now on, I will probably also leave
the closing ?> off in include files. If something isn't really needed
then there is no rational reason to insist on using it.