Re: POLL: To add the final ?> or not...

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/coding-standard.html#coding-standard.overview.scope
"This document provides guidelines for code formatting and
documentation to individuals and teams contributing to Zend
Framework."

So as far as anything other than code being contributed to Zend
Framework, its just a suggestion.  For your programming team, you're
the boss, you make the decision.  The only benefit I see is preventing
the white space mistake (as your co-worker's quote mentioned), but I
agree with you on that point.  "Just don't put any white space
there... moron..." :-)  Its an inconsequential option, pull rank, get
back to work.