Re: How to write specification

2010/1/8 Dušan Novaković <ndusan@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I've been programing for some time, but I never tried to write code
> for two different application in same way. How when I work with more
> programmers it's even worse. Everyone is forcing it's way of writing
> functions inside classes or writing variables, etc. My idea is to code
> according to the standard protocol so that in future it would be
> easier to make applications. Is there some specification (or standard)
> how to write code for web application, but which describes all
> possibilities(writing css, JS, php, etc.)?

Specification and coding standard are two different things... I think
you're looking for a coding standard. Some helpful links:

http://framework.zend.com/manual/en/coding-standard.html
http://pear.php.net/manual/en/standards.php
http://drupal.org/coding-standards
http://www.dagbladet.no/development/phpcodingstandard/ [last updated
2003 - obsolete?]

Pick one (at random if necessary) and don't make any changes. Changes
imply discussion, and discussion is a waste of time.

You can enforce a coding standard, should you so wish, at repository level:

http://pear.php.net/manual/en/package.php.php-codesniffer.intro.php
http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.reposadmin.create.html#svn.reposadmin.create.hooks