Solution: [PHP] Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect() in

After trying everything everyone said in here, I finally had a clear enough head to read through my logs and both my Apache httpd.conf and my PHP6 php.ini files.  I realized that in my Apache error log, it was listing the fact that PHP could not load the modules for mysqli and xmlrpc (or something like that, but the focus here is MySQL).

Instead of reinstalling everything, as I'm a stubborn person, I found a line in the php.ini file that in our case probably should not be commented out.

; Directory in which the loadable extensions (modules) reside.
; http://php.net/extension-dir
; extension_dir = "./"
; On windows:
; extension_dir = "ext"

That last line (for Windows), remove the semi-colon (;), and make sure the mysqli modules you need are in C:\php\ext, after doing this, my MySQL was finally able to connect with PHP.

As a final note, Apache was telling me it was looking for the missing modules in C:\php6\ which is not a setting I ever set, and that directory does not exist in the php.ini or apache configuration files, so it seems to be a default directory for PHP.  I did not see any benefit for cause for having an extra php.ini in a C:\php6 folder as some have suggested, so I would suggest trying to avoid that unless it turns out to be necessary.

Also, some people recommended putting the required modules in multiple directories, whereas I would recommend ensuring that the original installation modules are left where they are, and if you are to make copies, try to make sure all your modules are the same versions, and that you only make additional copies to the C:\php\ext folder or Apache's own includes folder if necessary.  Do not make extra copies to C:\php6 or your system32 folders - this will add clutter, and possibly cause issues in the future.

I hope this helped.  Just stay calm, be patient, relax - you will find the issue as long as you're clear minded and resist frustration.  Have a great day.

PS: I registered just so I could share this, lol.

--
This message was sent on behalf of chris_brech@xxxxxxxxxxx at openSubscriber.com
http://www.opensubscriber.com/message/php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx/11675992.html