Re: OOP: __construct() and "extend"

Extended classes may have their own constructors which are implicitly
called, and as Jonathan mentioned, the constructor of any ancestors (ie. the
parent) must explicitly be called.

If the child (extended) class does NOT have it's own constructor method
defined, the parent's constructor is called.

Manual: http://php.net/manual/en/language.oop5.decon.php