Fixe Point Decimal Data type

Hello,

Is there a way to represent numeric values as fixed point decimals in PHP? If not, why was this datatype not added?

I think is very important to have fixed point decimals when working with money values. This would make it much easy than having to use the BCMath functions.

If PHP had support for operator overloading then we could have easily implemented this datatype as a class:

$a = new FixPoint(34.56, 2);
$b = new FixPoint(34.55, 2);

echo ($c);

$c+= 3;