RE: Open source project management tool - PHP

-----Original Message-----
From: Ashley Sheridan [mailto:ash@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 17 December 2009 02:03 PM
To: Angelo Zanetti
Cc: php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:  Open source project management tool - PHP

On Thu, 2009-12-17 at 12:24 +0200, Angelo Zanetti wrote:

> Hi guys
>
> I would like to know what open source project management tools you use for
> your projects.
>
> We are looking at installing one that is PHP based and is easy to use.
>
> We have found:
>
> http://www.projectpier.org/
>
> and
>
> http://trac.edgewall.org/
>

> Has anyone used the above and how did you find them? Also are there any
> others you would recommend or not recommend and why?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> Angelo
>
> http://www.wapit.co.za
> http://www.elemental.co.za

If it's open source project management software you're looking for, then
I've found openproj and planner to be pretty good.

However, I noticed that the links you gave seem to be more focused on
task management, which is slightly different from project management.

Thanks,
Ash
http://www.ashleysheridan.co.uk

Thanks Ashley,

Its not just project managing but I want non technical staff to use the
system so we can track progress of tasks and allocate issues / items to
people.

Anyways thanks for the info on open proj, will check it out.

Cheers
Angelo