Re: Using Curl to replicate a site

Ashley Sheridan wrote:
Hi,

I need to replicate a site on another domain, and in this case, an
iframe won't really do, as I need to remove some of the graphics, etc
around the content. The owner of the site I'm needing to copy has asked
for the site to be duplicated, and unfortunately in this case, because
of the CMS he's used (which is owned by the hosting he uses) I need a
way to have the site replicated on an already existing domain as a
microsite, but in a way that it is always up-to-date.

I'm fine using Curl to grab the site, and even alter the content that is
returned, but I was thinking about a caching mechanism. Has anyone any
suggestions on this?

Sounds like you're creating a proxy with post processing/caching on the forwarded content. It should be fairly straightforward to direct page requests to your proxy app, then make the remote request, and post-process, cache, then send to the browser. The only gotcha will be for forms if you do caching.

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com