mod_rewrite...https index page -> http index page

My apologies, this is not strictly PHP...but it is relevant to a great
number of PHP application frameworks that many of us use or will use.

I have a Magento installation that relies heavily on mod_rewrite. For the
most part, I have all of my canonical URLs worked out, minus one issue.

How do I make sure that https:// requests for / are redirected to http:// /
?

I've got a rule already that strips the index.php off of requests, so I
don't want to check for that...just want to check for requests for the
https:// version of my root home page and redirect to the non-secure
version.

I suck with regex and all of my attempts to modify examples I've found have
failed.
--
John Corry
PHP developer - 3by400, Inc