How to call a vc++ dll from a HTML form

Thanks to All.

I want to call a vc++ dll from a HTML form. The dll need to be triggered on a button click in the HTML form.

I want to access the dll from the client end(javascrript) without using the server.

Tell me whether its possible to call dll directly or through any interface ?

Please provide me your valuable inputs to solve this issue.

Regards
Peter

Nathan Rixham wrote:
Peter wrote:
Hi All,

I want to call dll in javascript

I tried the following script, but i got the error message 'ActiveXObject
is undefined'
(Note : i have the feedback.dll in the same path only)

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<script type='text/javascript' language='javascript'>
function comEventOccured()
{

   try{
       var myobject;
       myobject = new ActiveXObject("feedback.dll");
   }catch(e){
       alert(e.description);
       return false;
   }

}
</script></head>
<input  type=button value="Call the DLL"  onClick="comEventOccured()">

Regards
Peter.

usually .dll should be running client side not server side

jscript and javascript are two different beasts based on ecmascript;
you'll be wanting to get some JScript (microsofts own version) help for
this.. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/7sw4ddf8%28VS.85%29.aspx
but as somebody else mentioned, you won't get it working on all browsers
AFAIK.. so running DLL on server side and calling wrapper functions via
ajax is more appropriate.

an asp.net forum or suchlike will probably yield a more useful response

regards