Creating a Dynamic PHP/CSS Page (newbie design question)

Hi Folks,

My goal: is to have a template form to control css styles, where the user fills out choices in a template form page and the results might get stored in a MysQL prefs table.

But I guess you can't have php mixed with .CSS page ... so is the best way to do this like: ...?

- set a a normal mystyle.css style sheet with no php but with all possible choices

- then - on the css prefs form page you might have choices like:

fontsize = small or med or big etc. then you might store the 'actual' css name (on the real css style sheet) associated with the choice like :
style = "HEADER1" or whatever based on the choice

then let's say I have a page:

mypage.php

that links to a css style sheet:

mystyle.css

- then the php page might use it like:

class = "<?php echo $thischoice; ?>" for "HEADER1"

Q: Is that the best way to setup dynamic css choices using php?

Any comments would be appreciated - dave

Thanks,
cool@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx