It's not behaving. Error reporting, that is

Hi all.

This seems like a trivial issue to fix, but I'm having issues. I'm running a script via command line and it's throwing out PHP "notices." Well, I want to suppress those notices. At the top of my script I have the line...

<?php
error_reporting (E_ERROR);
?>

...thinking that this would get rid of the notices. However, it did not. They still appear. I even attempted using ini_set(), but to no avail. I then set error_reporting in php.ini - this made no difference. (I shouldn't have to restart apache when running via command line, but for giggles, I did.) I then changed display_errors to Off. You guessed it - no change! This immediately brought up the question... "Well, what php.ini is this script using?" Here's my results...

[pthompson@s-irv-pthompson scripts]$ php --ini
Configuration File (php.ini) Path: /etc
Loaded Configuration File:         /etc/php.ini
Scan for additional .ini files in: /etc/php.d

Yup, according to PHP I'm using the correct ini. Now I'm at a loss. Can anyone shed some light on this big brain fart I'm having? Thanks in advance.

~Philip