Re: Netbeans IDE 6.5

James McLean wrote:
I myself and I'm sure many others will agree that sticking to 'around'
80 chars is best-practice, it's handy for those times when you need to
fix code in an emergency in an 80 col terminal, among other reasons.
Personally the 80 col marker (I set it to 78 cols actually) is one of
the first things I enable in Eclipse PDT..

I only use a character limit for email but I have a wide screen so write code to the edge of the screen. Updating code via a terminal connection is no problem either because vim will wrap long lines. So 80chars may have been a good idea a long time ago but I think that the rule is a bit outdated.

--
John
Those willing to give up a little liberty for a little security