Re: php mail() function

James Prentice wrote:
 > Also, I notice that in the mail.log file, the 'from:' value is
'www-data@homemade'. The actual 'from:' value is provided to the php
mail() function via a web form, so should be somebody's email address
(e.g. my own in this case).

I think PHP will use the apache user and domain to generate the email address. I use my own smtp function so I can't say for certain.

One thing you could try is to use a valid email account on the server for the FROM address so that you can receive the bounced message. The actual message should contain more information. Alternatively attempt to increase the loglevel of postfix so you get exact feedback of why the connection is failing.

As far as which server to use. I think this page lists the correct one:
http://www.shaw.ca/en-ca/CustomerCare/InternetSupport/Residential/RoutersandShawServerNames.htm

--
John