Re: PHP broadcast mailer

2009/10/18 Paul M Foster <paulf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> On Sat, Oct 17, 2009 at 01:41:03AM -0400, Brian Hazelton wrote:
>
> > I am in charge of an email newsletter list and making sure it gets sent
> > out in time. My problem is I have never done broadcast emailing and
> > right now we have 400 subscribers but want to build a system that can
> > scale well regardless of the number of subscribers. Right now I use
> > mysql to store the email and use phpmailer in a loop to send an email to
> > each of the emails in the db, it is already slow with just 400(takes
> > around 10 min (i think that's slow isnt it?). Has anyone built a
> > broadcast email script and willing to help me?
> >

> Use PHPList. It's free.
>
> Paul

I second that and make sure you add an SPF Key to your domain:
http://old.openspf.org/wizard.html
You should be able to get the SMTP limits from your host and these can be
configured in PHPlist.
The bounce handling takes away a lot of admin work once your list starts
getting larger and people's email addresses change/stop working.

Tom