Re: French characters

Don wrote:
I am using the following code:

Ther emaybe something else setting the charset though. I find the easiest way to check the actual charset that the browser thinks you are using is to open up firefox and go to:

    Tools -> Page Info

There you will see the charset type that the browser has found. From what you've shown, either your displaying iso-8859-1 in a UTF-8 context or UTF-8 characters in a iso-8859-1 context. Don't forget to check the following setting in your php.ini:

    default_charset

Personally, I try to use UTF-8 for everything these days since iso-8859-1 is inferior to UTF-8. I would say the Internet at large is moving in this direction... though it still boggles my mind how well Microsoft buggers this up in IE (stuff like displaying a UTF-8 page but completely kludging a download filename which it expects in latin1 despite the presence of the content type -- or having a mailto URL in a UTF-8 context which pops open the Outlook mail client using latin1 assumption for the pre-populated subject line).

Cheers,
Rob.
--
http://www.interjinn.com