Re: Newb question about getting keys/values from a single array element

At 6:08 PM -0700 10/8/09, Daevid Vincent wrote:
I feel like a total newb asking this, but I'm just having a brain fart or
something...

I'm writing a page where I can either get back a list of items:

	Array {
	  [1233] => "apple",
	  [6342] => "apricot",
	  [2345] => "banana",
	}

where the user then refines it by choosing one single item and a single
element array is returned like this:

	Array {
	  [8575] => "peach",
	}

How can I get this $item so I can print it like so:

	echo "The ID is $id and the name is $name";

I'm not sure what you are asking.

How does the user pick from a list of items -- a selection list, a list of radio boxes, what?

If you are using a post/get to get the values and thus passing only one value, then why not catenate the id with the value (e.g., 8575peach) and parse it after receiving?

If you show me a url, then I can get a better understanding of what you are trying to do.

Cheers,

tedd

--
-------