RE: Whacky increment/assignment logic with $foo++ vs ++$foo

I don't get why for you code style means effort, waste of time ... I bloody write code, how do you write a loop?

The same as I do ... except I put ++i rather than i++ ... does it change ANYTHING?

For you no, for me yes ... whre is the drama here? I cannot spot it, it's like saying: I don't know optimizations and for this reason I blame them ... any sense from a development point of view? Absolutely no, imho, 10 years over PHP I know this stuff, it's my code style ... zero problems, zero effort, zero waste of time ... maybe it could be for you ... but if you think ++$i , which is natural for me, is gonna take all that effort, well, ... I don't want to comment it ...

It's just a flame now, you are acting like I am spending my life to micro optimize PHP which is simply a silly opinion of what I have said, I just code like that ... and I have never had problems. You neither? Good for you, I have something else to think about, cause micro optimizations are not something to think about for me, I just code like that ... maybe if I repeat again myself you'll get the point ...

I just code like that, and until you'll prove my code is bad, which is not gonna happen since optimizations for you are a waste of time, I'll code like that.

Have fun, I have wasted already too much time to taqlk about this silly stuff ...

Best Regards

> Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 11:36:27 -0400
> Subject: Re:  Whacky increment/assignment logic with $foo++ vs ++$foo
> From: fsb@xxxxxxxxxx
> To: oorza2k5@xxxxxxxxx; an_red@xxxxxxxxxxx
> CC: tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx; php-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> just yesterday i was reading through this wonderful and very funny
> presentation:
>
>     http://talks.php.net/show/froscon08/0
>
> for me it really drove home the message (among others) that it makes sense
> to find out where the real gains can be made before investing your efforts
> in optimization.

Windows Live Hotmail: Your friends can get your Facebook updates, right from Hotmail®.
http://www.microsoft.com/middleeast/windows/windowslive/see-it-in-action/social-network-basics.aspx?ocid=PID23461::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-xm:SI_SB_4:092009