Re: a trivial little function (PostToHost)

tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx> wrote on 10/05/2009 01:44:00 PM:

[snip]

> Hi Kirk:
>
> Okay, but what specifically is that script?
>
> I have written a script at server B to print_r($_POST), but I don't
> get anything other than log errors (see below*).
>
> Here's an example:
>
> http://www.webbytedd.com/aa/send-form/index.php
>
> You can enter anything into the webbytedd.com form (Server A) and
> click submit, but the php1.net form (Server B) won't show anything --
> what am I doing wrong?
>
> Cheers,
>
> tedd
>
> * Log errors: [05-Oct-2009 15:08:54] PHP Warning:  PHP Startup:
> mm_create(0, /session_mm_cgi-fcgi522) failed, err mm:core: failed to
> open semaphore file (Permission denied) in Unknown on line 0

I am not familiar with this PHP error. Was this on server B? With "PHP
Startup" in the error message, it looks like a setup problem on server B,
rather than being related to the PostToHost operation.

Once that error is cleared up, start simple for the PostToHost piece. Just
have the script on server B return "hello,world!", then echo out that
response in the script on server A. The PostToHost function you found is
correct. Make sure you are passing in valid arguments, so that you end up
with a valid HTTP POST message.

Kirk