Variable name as a variable?

I need to store a variable name as a variable. Note quite a C-style
pointer, but a way to access one variable who's name is stored in
another variable.

As part of a spam-control measure, a certain public-facing form will
have dummy rotating text fields and a hidden field that will describe
which text field should be considered, like this:

input type="text" name="text_1"
input type="text" name="text_2"
input type="text" name="text_3"
input type="hidden" name="real_field" value="text_2"

As this will be a very general-purpose tool, a switch statement on the
hidden field's value would not be appropriate here. Naturally, the
situation will be much more complex and this is a non-obfuscated
generalization of the HTML side of things which should describe the
problem that I need to solve on the server side.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

--
Dotan Cohen

http://what-is-what.com