Developer Question [DOMDocument]

I'm hoping someone who knows the answer to this question is on this list.

I need to modify either libxml2 and/or php DOMDocument to make a small change.

Issue - saveHTML() function predates html5 (which isn't even finalized yet) and thus does not know about it's tags.

the source element is new in html5 and may not have any children, so when using saveHTML() from DOMDocument, it should NOT add a closing </source> tag (it should be handled the same way the param element is handled). It does the right thing with saveXML() where it properly self closes the tag, but it does not do the right thing with saveHTML().

I suspect it is a minor easy to do change, but I don't even have the foggiest idea where to look in the source to make a patch.

It's not all that big of a deal, but I would like my server to spit out the correct code without me having to pass it through preg_replace.

Thanks for any suggestions on where/how to define that tag in the source.

Michael A. Peters