Re: Re: session.gc_maxlifetime

Hi Tom,

in sometimes 2001 I did have incidences with those things, and as I remember
over the past years there where some trouble with operating systems and
stuff. This part is very deep inside the os. I would expect that this is
still to consider. I also would check, if this occurs on very busy/low
memory server.

If I would programm the garbage collection clean up part, and if the server
is about to run out of memory, I would kill sessions being longer time idle
even when they are not yet as old as it is set in the gc_maxlifetime. This
would be far better then shutting down the whole server just because there a
100 of idle sessions waiting to get used again.

as u mention a maxlivetime of 6h I would bet, that this is the problem. I
would not trust such a long lifetime at all.

If sessions have to be active such a long time, I would see only cooky based
solutions

let me know, what u did investigate on this.

ralph_deffke@xxxxxxxx