Re: best function to use ~ file_get_contents or ?

There is no best function as such. Everything depends upon your requirement.

You can also use fopen() to get the contents of the remote file and do some
error handling that if you get any content then display image else a message
etc..

Gaurav Kumar
(Team Lead- open source)
oswebstudio.com