Re: server name that the user agent used

On 9/14/09 2:11 PM, "Lars Torben Wilson" <torben@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Tom Worster wrote:
>> On 9/13/09 10:24 PM, "Tommy Pham" <tommyhp2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

and, for the record, in the web environment there's cause for caution using
either HTTP_HOST or, if UseCanonicalName is off or you can't be sure of its
value, SERVER_NAME:

  http://shiflett.org/blog/2006/mar/server-name-versus-http-host

in my current app, i should be able to match for acceptable values and fall
back to defaults on failure.