Re: Question: Sorting through table headers?

What you are trying to do is ridiculously easy, and something which I
accomplished years ago. Basically every column heading needs to be output as
a hyperlink which repeats the current page with the addition of
"orderby=<column_name>" in the URL. This information appears in the $_GET
array, so you just repeat the previous sql query with the addition of an
ORDER BY clause.

This assumes that you have already taken care of caching the query and
paginating the results.

You cannot do this in a separate class as it requires action in both the
presentation (UI) and data access layers, and a single class is not allowed
to operate in more than one layer.

--
Tony Marston
http://www.tonymarston.net