Re: Re: unset() something that doesn't exist

At 11:34 PM +0100 8/25/09, Stuart wrote:
2009/8/25 tedd <tedd.sperling@xxxxxxxxx>:

 > I can't believe that you are wasting time on this. This guy is beyond
 clueless.

To be fair tedd English is clearly not his main language and I can see
how you could misunderstand the original question as he did. What I
objected to was that he took what he interpreted as the question being
asked, saw that it did in fact behave that way and then proceeded to
completely fabricate an explanation as to why it does so when that
explanation does little more than demonstrate that he clearly has no
understanding of what's actually going on. I can't stand people who
claim to know what they're talking about when they're really making it
up as they go along.

Actually, an explanation like that does do a lot more than demonstrate
ignorance. It gives naive observers of this thread, now and in the
future, incorrect information that they may potentially rely upon if
nobody corrects it. That's why I'm "wasting" my time on this - I do it
for the greater good.

Hmm, maybe I just need a holiday...

-Stuart

--
http://stut.net/

-Stuart:

I understand the language problem and how someone might use incorrect diction when speaking/writing English, but php is not English dependant.

When someone says that unset(); does not work and provides an example that clearly demonstrates they don't know how to use it, then I throw up my hands and say RFTM in whatever language it's available. So, I wasn't objecting to the OP original statement but rather his "proof" that unset() wasn't working. You and I are objecting to the same thing.

My hat is off to you for contributing to the "greater good", but your efforts might be better spent attending to the needs of higher level idiots (like myself) and let us middle level idiots attend to the idiots, if you get my drift. :-)

My comment is only a suggestion for you to consider. From my perspective, I hate to see such a valuable resource as yourself wasted on the clueless.

And, we all need a holiday...

Cheers,

tedd

--