Re: inserting php value in html shorter wayand downloading winword & mp3 files the fancy way

On Mon, 2009-08-24 at 17:56 +0200, Grega Leskovšek wrote:
> Hi, I am still a newbie in php. Is there a shorter way to include a php
> value in a form?
> <input type="text" name="fullname" size="40" value="<?php echo
> {$user['fullname']}; ?>" />
> is it possible to do smth like this <?=php {$user['fullname']}; ?> like in
> JSP?
> Can I omit the last whitespace before the closing ?> ?
>
> ***
> I tried to download the file from another server the fancy way in PHP, but
> it just display blank screen. Can You please look at my code:
>
> <?php
>     $filepath = "http://aaaaaa.yolasite.com/resources/happytears.doc";;
> // $filepath = "http://users.skavt.net/~gleskovs/else/happytears.doc<http://users.skavt.net/%7Egleskovs/else/happytears.doc>
> ";
>   if (file_exists($filepath)) {
>      header("Content-Type: application/force-download");
>      header("Content-Disposition:filename=\"happytears.doc\"");
>      $fd = fopen($filepath,'rb');//I tried also just 'r' and am not clear on
> which documents should I add b for binary? As I understand only text plain
> files and html files and php etc files are without 'b'. All documents,
> presentations, mp3 files, video files should have also 'b' for binary along
> r. Am I wrong?
>      fpassthru($fd);
>      fclose($fd);
>   }
> ?>
> Both filepaths are valid and accessible to the same document. I double
> checked them. Please help me. Thanks in advance, Yours, Grega
>
> -- Peace refuge:
> http://users.skavt.net/~gleskovs/<http://users.skavt.net/%7Egleskovs/>
> When the sun rises I receive and when it sets I forgive;) Grega Leskovšek

There is a shorttag syntax for a basic PHP echo, and you nearly had it
in your code example:

<?=$user['fullname']?>

But this will only work on a setup that has shorttags enabled, and a lot
of shared hosts don't by default. Have you looked at heredoc?

print <<<EOC
<form>
    <input type="text" name="fullname" size="40"
    value="{$user['fullname']}"/>
</form>
EOC;

Thanks,